THANX for the MEMORIES

8.24.2011

Update on the JOURNEY!

Okay folks, soooo there about a million things that I have to update on and yes I truly realize that I haven't been posting for a while, however! I am back! So since I spoke to you last, my admission to NCCU (North Carolina Central University) was accepted and since then I have been on a roll getting lots of things done! First, I went to financial and tried to speak with them about when I can get books and get housing and when the refund check was gonna come in so I could things I need (like a computer and books) and if there are any scholarships from the school I can apply for and so on and so on. So they tell me that they can't tell me anything until I fill out my dependent verification form. As it was, there was a line and the lady was saying that I had to go and come back. SO then, I'm like: GREAT!! Then I go and fill it out on the side of the building and it turns out that even though I am eighteen and usually everywhere I am fine to sign off without my parent's signature, this instant, I am required to have parent signature. UGH! SO then I have to go and get my mom's signature!
The next day, I return with the form complete with my mother's signature and am placed back in the previous situation only this time, they are unauthorized to discuss ANYTHING with me now because my financial aid still needs to be processed. Mind you, this is a Thursday that I am returning on and the woman says to me, after my second day of returning and waiting in line just to speak with them for a minute and a half and hear: WE GOTS NOTHING FOR YA, this woman says to me, return on Monday because that is when financial will be available for review.
I return Monday and they still have nothing for me saying now that it didn't go through yet. I'm ready to give them a nice list of words I have saved for them in my mind for the past few days. So then, I go and get housing taken care of, which takes a good year to finalize through all the complications and hoops to leap through. Another day, I get to the place I'm supposed to register for classes through and they tell me that, after waiting in a lobby area for a good hour, I have to go and take my placement test before I can proceed with class registration. I mosy on over to the building where I do that, mind you it's on the other side of campus and I am walking to places all these days, and take the placement test, running on E. That freakin' test takes me about 2 and a half hours to fully complete which consisted of a reading comprehension and writing portion, an elementary algebra portion, which, by the way was no way shape and form ELEMENTARY in the least bit, more like testing me on intro to pre-calculus and *sigh* it's a lot. Oh and a foreign language portion which cough cough I totally tested out of! SO with that done, I took off, got my classes done and much later moved in.... Stay tuned later for part two of the update! Until then, peace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment