THANX for the MEMORIES

8.13.2011

Update on the happenings in my realm of the COLLEGE QUEST

So here is the deal (in an extremely long run-on sentence), in cliff's notes: I wanted to go to Johnson&Wales University but was in the hole $11,775 dollars and my mom has not the best ever credit so they denied her twice on the parent plus loan and that made me very very very very sad and so then my mom turned into realist mom, and said to me "you are going to have to stress to them that you are gonna need them to work with you or you won't be able attend and you are gonna have to apply to durham tech" and as she is saying this, my mind is reeling, and I am feeling the need to just like crawl into the ground because I felt like the universe at that moment hated me. *breath* Then came the facebook post: I'M NOT GOING TO COLLEGE which was how I felt, then I pulled myself together with a push from Naeemah and Marcella (two of my friends) over at Nemo's house where I basically applied to both Wake Tech and Vance Granville Community College and added the 2 schools to my FAFSA so when I am accepted I can receive financial aid. I then called them the next day to check on my application's status and asked for Wake Tech's housing department and the conversation went something like this: HI, I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THE HOUSING DEPARTMENT... THERE IS NO HOUSING DEPARTMENT.... WHAT? NO HOUSING ?!!!!!?!!!!!!!?!!!!!>!?!?!?!?!!?!!... NO, NO HOUSING... THANK YOU... *clickup!!* Then I went back to being distraught, back to the biggest problem with Johnson & Wales and now with Wake Tech: NO FREAKIN' HOUSING!!! By the way, Vance-Granville also had no housing... PS, the reason why I applied to both schools was because they were last resorts, yet still very promising and of course there were numerous sources that kept the rumour alive that there was housing at both schools. So the community colleges were out. Then, later, like a week later, I'm at Juneteenth over at Alexis's INSPIRATION STATION and I meet this great woman, Danielle was listening to my dilemma and said to me "why don't you go to Central?" And I was like Whoa, I totally haven't thought about Central! So long-winded cliff notes story update type of situation short, I applied to Central, paid the $40 application fee, had my transcripts and SAT scores set up for electronic delivery and now I am waiting to call their admissions office up on Monday and get some feedback on everything: classes, registration, housing, meal plan, everything! It is definitely last minute but sometimes things happen that way. So I am very anxious, this has been a serious journey and it is nowhere near complete... but I have a promising start! Plus Central has a fashion program! So until a bit later, signing off.... (feel free to leave comments)

3 comments:

  1. it's important in life that we do what is in our heart... i support you sweetie, and ask for assistance when you need me. This is your journey, and you will need to push through what feels like the most difficult time of your life. It is quickly shaping to be the foundation of something that you have worked to accomplish, and if this is the path that you want, it is what i want for you! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about the journey (like momma said). The journey will help you understand a lot of what you think you know already. This will be a constant uphill battle, but that's why you have legs, arms, and in any case headphones and good music, lol. Stay focused and take advise from those who love you most. Listen and learn from the mistakes of others. You'll get there, this is far from impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much madre and Black Lace! Your inspirational input is much appreciated, especially because it is what I need to get over the hills or even speed bumps... if you will, what I need to keep my journeying in full revolution! Love you gals!

    ReplyDelete